01 December 2011

Dry Underwear Celebration

...begins tommorrow!  As many of you know Bannack has been partially potty trained for a long time.  Tomorrow we begin Lora Jensen's 3-Day Potty Training.  After getting frustrated with the partial nature of our efforts I bought the e-book a few weeks ago and our positive reinforcement preparations are finally finished!  We begin tomorrow.  Send dry thoughts our way and if you want to call to see if Bannack's pants are dry, please do.  He will get rewarded if they are!  Also, if you get a call from us in the next 3-days it will be to share our celebrations with you.  Let the dry underwear celebration begin!

Update #1: We began this morning just past 6AM.  I cooked Bannack an egg and made a strong pot of coffee.  Chris fed B while I got dressed and then I stuck to Bannack like glue (even now I'm sitting outside his bedroom door incase he wakes from his nap and has to "go").   I thought Bannack would be thrilled about the underwear but he was more excited about the few balloons I had strewn about to give a celebratory air to the place.  With the constant celebrations, "Bannack, are your pants dry?" "Yes" "Hooray!" (Hooray = sticker, juice box, berries or happy dance), Bannack told me twice that he had to go and we made it in time.  It was AWESOME.  I began to think that we had already mastered it and I wouldn't need to stick to the three day commitment.  Bannack put me in my place with an unexpected wet warmth while sitting on my lap.  We raced in but it was too late.  Since then, we have had 1 more success.  We'll see how nap time goes!  Could he really wake up dry and/or wake to tell me he has to go?!?  I'll keep you posted!

Update #2: He woke up wet after one hour of napping.  The afternoon was a bit rough until I mentioned JM's urinal downstairs.  I tried to have B stand on his stool and pretend the toilet was a urinal and he just couldn't go.  A few minutes later he said, "Jean-Marie" in his developing french accent so we went down for a visit.  We said hello and gave the alert that we may occupy their bathroom at some point to try the urinal.  We said goodbye and B said, "try! try!" "jean-marie".  We went immediately to the urinal (which comes equipped with soccer ball and net) and he scored - LITERALLY!  It was awesome.

Update #3:  Bannack awoke with a whimper this morning at 5:45AM and he was dry!!!  Despite my shock, I got him to the toilet, he peed and chose a sticker for his chart.  Today is a very good day.

4 comments:

Colleen said...

So I guess younwill be looking for some 'dry' humor. Good luck with your efforts!

janiejaner said...

Feel free to include use of our urinal as a big-boy incentive!

Colleen said...

Great job so far!

Karen Crogan said...

Way to go, Bannack!