11 December 2011

This is a big boy!


It is official!  Bannack is a big boy.  If I give him a squeeze and say (as I often do), "Oh, my sweet baby," he stiffens and says, "No.  Big Boy. Big Boy."  It has been one week since we completed Lora Jensen's 3-day potty training and I now feel that I can say IT WORKS!  I am pleased to share our success.

We finished the 3 days last Sunday at this time.  After his nap last Sunday it was like a switch flipped.  Bannack told me every time he needed to go to the bathroom and he didn't dribble at all.  He was completely dry from that moment forward during waking hours!  It was shocking.  I had gotten a bit frustrated the day before and wondered if this whole thing was really going to work, but I stuck with it and it really clicked.  He got it.  Staying dry during naps and the entire night took a few extra days, however, Bannack has been completely dry during the naps and night for the last 4 nights and 5 days!  So, if you were considering this method go for it!  It is worth the money and the time.  Beyond becoming a big boy in the last week, the training program brought Bannack and I closer together.  I know that sounds cheesy, but there was something amazing about fully devoting every waking hour to him for 3 days.  We liked each other a lot before we embarked on this adventure together, but we like each other even more now.  It's awesome!

3 comments:

Sonja said...

Whoohoo, what a success. Congratulations Bannack!

Lindsay R. said...

Yay Bannack! (And yay mom and dad!) That is great news. Give him a hug from us!

--- linds and danny

Colleen said...

Your big boy will always love and respect his mother no matter what! Congratulations...what an accomplishment!